Edwards & Farmer Ltd are looking to recruit a full time agricultural engineer and a semi-qualified apprentice to join our team at our depot in Chatford, Bayston Hill, Shrewsbury. We are a small but very busy dealership, who prides ourselves on service and after sales support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES WILL INCUDE:
- Routine maintenance and repairs on site and on farm to both tractors and machinery completed to a high standard.
- Assembly and PDI of new machines to the correct specification required by the Workshop Manager and the customer.
- To be competent in fault finding on Engines, Hydraulics, and Electrical issues using the latest diagnostic equipment.
- Completion of job cards, timesheets and job reports to a high standard.
- General housekeeping – ensuring the work environment is kept clean. Tools, equipment and warranty parts are returned to the correct areas.
- Required to work alone as well as alongside engineers and members of staff with a positive attitude within Edwards & Farmer Ltd.
- To attend specific training provided by Agco, Horsch and other manufactures, including modern spraying and crop drying equipment. Applicants must be enthusiastic, hardworking and have the ability to work well whilst completing their work to the highest standard possible. Experience within the agricultural engineering industry is preferred but is not essential. Training will be provided within our full range of franchises where applicable.
We are seeking a Parts Manager at our depot in Chatford, Shrewsbury. The Part Manager will be responsible for the safe, effective and profitable management of the parts department, including staff, parts counter, show room, yard and all storage areas. This is a full-time role based on a 40-hour week from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday with a requirement to work Saturday mornings on a rota basis.
MAIN DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote and sell parts through all franchises and/or services to meet customer needs, by telephone, internet and face to face; taking payment as required
- Ensure parts orders are ready for customer collection or packaged for courier/postal delivery
- Prepare quotes for customers
- Contact manufacturers and suppliers for the latest information on products, prices and what support they offer
- Supply parts to Service Technicians including identifying parts required and ordering them to the relevant job number
- Use systems such as IBCOS and AGCO for reports and monitoring
- Verify receipts of incoming deliveries, including booking stock onto the management system, locating in relevant place or forwarding to despatch/workshop, whichever is applicable
- Ensure the showroom is maintained to a high standard
- Maintain control of stock levels and assists with stock takes
- Ensures relevant administration tasks are completed as required
- Contact customers with special offers/deals and liaise with the marketing team to promote seasonal or out of season deals
- Seek out new lines of business to develop and improve the parts department promoting sales to meet or beat the sales targets
- Liaise with all other departments and members of staff
- Comply and adhere to company Health & Safety policy and guidelines
- Take reasonable care for the Health, Safety and Wellbeing of yourself and others. This extends to co-operating to enable Edwards & Farmer Ltd to fulfil its legal duties
- Manage and implement safe working environment in retail, office and storage area
- Heavy lifting is required to move heavy parts, oils etc. safely
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Experience in an agricultural parts environment or similar is preferred
- It is essential to have knowledge of how a tractor works
- The ability to use standard computer applications
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- The ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and thrive in a team environment
- Trustworthy and be able to maintain confidential business information
- Flexible as extended hours, weekends, emergency call outs and bank holidays, may be required, particularly during the height of the season
- Team player & approachable
CPD/KNOWLEDGE – ACCREDITED MANUFACTURER TRAINING
Continued professional development both to maintain and improve on skills, knowledge and all competencies required. A training and a progression plan will also be made available to you.
You will be based at Chatford, Shrewsbury, but will visit customers and suppliers as required.
The job is very hands-on and will be based in an agricultural engineering and farm machinery sales environment.